Holt Sunday market to take place with record number of traders
- Credit: Daniella Self / Supplied by Love Holt
A Sunday market boasting a variety of stalls selling everything from street food to crafts is to return to a north Norfolk town with a bumper crop of vendors.
Holt's regular Sunday market made a welcome return to the town last month after a hiatus of more than 60 years.
Taking place in the Market Place and Star Plain, the event saw the streets closed off to traffic to host a range of stalls selling everything from locally brewed beer to handmade textiles and food.
Now, the event will return to the town for its second instalment of the summer on Sunday, July 4, with more than 40 independent businesses selling their wares.
Taking place from 10am-4pm, the market will once again see the centre of Holt pedestrianised and turned into a bustling marketplace complete with music and communal tables for people to sit at and soak up the atmosphere.
Iain Wilson, leader of Love Holt, a communication and support hub for the town, said the first market had been "superb".
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The first one went extremely well which was great. We had a reasonably good turnout, 2,000 - 3,000 people came to the market through the course of the day. So it went very well. All the makers are independent and they are local and predominantly non-food."
Mr Wilson said there was a "really nice mix" of different people at the market on June 6 and a good atmosphere that was friendly and reminiscent of continental markets.
- 1 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 4 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 9 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 10 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
He said: "We're now running [the market] each week in July on Sundays and hope it will build from there.
"We had no parking issues so people could park relatively well and around 25 of Holt's shops were open, Bakers and Larners being the biggest. We're hoping that more shops will open as they see the numbers the market brings."
On market day part of the high street and some other sections of Holt's roads will be closed to cars. Parking is available at a number of locations in the town including Budgens, Albert Street and Station Road.
The Holt market is scheduled to take place every Sunday in July and August.