Sunday market draws thousands to town
- Credit: Archant
The first Holt Sunday Market of 2021 has been hailed as a success, drawing about 3,000 people.
And future markets will include a new feature - an alley dedicate to all things cycling.
Iain Wilson, leader of Love Holt, a communication and support hub for the town which organised the market, said they were thrilled with the response to the event.
Mr Wilson said: "It was absolutely superb. It's a bit more than just a market. We're very keen to bring a different age range to Holt and keep our High Street independent so that we stand out from the crowd."
Part of the High Street was closed to traffic for the market as around 50 stalls set up to sell everything from crafted wooden gifts, to food and alcoholic drinks.
Markets will take place every Sunday in July and August, and then the first Sunday of each month until December.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wilson said future markets would include a 'bike alley' with cycle repairs and a bike rack.
- 1 Children stuck on cliffs and 11 in trouble in sea on busy weekend
- 2 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 3 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 4 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 7 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 8 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm