Sunday market draws thousands to town
- Credit: Archant
The first Holt Sunday Market of 2021 has been hailed as a success, drawing about 3,000 people.
And future markets will include a new feature - an alley dedicate to all things cycling.
Iain Wilson, leader of Love Holt, a communication and support hub for the town which organised the market, said they were thrilled with the response to the event.
Mr Wilson said: "It was absolutely superb. It's a bit more than just a market. We're very keen to bring a different age range to Holt and keep our High Street independent so that we stand out from the crowd."
Part of the High Street was closed to traffic for the market as around 50 stalls set up to sell everything from crafted wooden gifts, to food and alcoholic drinks.
Markets will take place every Sunday in July and August, and then the first Sunday of each month until December.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wilson said future markets would include a 'bike alley' with cycle repairs and a bike rack.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 5 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 6 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 7 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 8 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 9 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 10 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row