What’s on around Cromer this weekend? 10 things to do
PUBLISHED: 12:54 10 May 2018 | UPDATED: 08:06 11 May 2018
There’s plenty happening around Cromer this weekend (Friday, May 11 to Sunday, May 13).
Here’s a look at what’s in store:
- Folk on the Pier Dozens are performers will be playing at the pier and around town throughout this weekend festival. Acts including Richard Digance, Stompin Dave Allen, the Hopi Hopkins Trio and Elvis Fontenot and the Sugar Bees are taking part.
See here for details of what’s on where: Huge weekend of music planned for this year’s Folk on the Pier festival
- Funk, disco and house will be played at the Welly (Wellington) pub in Garden Street on Friday from 7.30pm, hosted by Hipology Sounds.
- Uprising An evening of rock featuring the Norwich-based band Uprising will take place at Cromer Social Club on Friday from 8.30pm.
- ‘Who let the dads out?’ This is the playful theme of an event being planned for Cromer Church on Saturday, May 12 8.30am-10.30am.
Dads, stepdads, granddads, male carers are invited to spend some quality time with their pre-school toddlers at the church, and meet other dads.
- Great British Tennis Weekend Tennis will take place 10am-5pm at the Cromer Lawn Tennis & Squash Association in Cromer Road. Members, family and friends are welcome to come along to play club tennis for free at anytime from 10am. New memberships taken out on the day will receive an introductory 20pc discount off their new membership.
-The Boxwood Chessmen - Will be playing as part of the Folk on the Pier fringe festival at Cromer Social Club midday to 1.30pm.
-Cromer Suffield Park Bowls Club Open Day - Open 10am-4pm, this is a chance to find out more about the club
-Umgawa Kagooga - Ska reggae and party music playing at Cromer Social Club 8.30pm-10.30pm.
-More Folk on the Pier events, including
Elvis Fontonot and the Sugarbees - at Cromer Social Club midday to 2pm.
And a little further ahead:
Men’s mental health expo - A friendly, informal drop-in session is being held in Cromer on Monday, May 14, and is aimed at men who may be looking for help in tackling anxiety, stress, depression or other mental health and emotional problems. See here for more details