Summer proms event cancelled as organisers eye 2020 return
PUBLISHED: 13:56 28 February 2019 | UPDATED: 08:42 05 March 2019
The annual Great British Prom outdoor concert at Blickling Estate is taking a break this year, organisers have announced.
Lisa Ward of Revival Productions said the event would return in 2020.
She said: “We have been running this type of concert for many years and experience shows that sometimes it’s good to have a break, with a view to coming back with renewed vigour.
“We know that this event has become a firm favourite in the Norfolk calendar and so we are planning to come back bigger and better in 2020.”
The event’s fireworks finale had to be cancelled last year because the ground was too hot.
However, the Proms’ companion concert, Classic Ibiza, is still on, and will take place on Friday, August 9.
Jo Bosch, Blicklings’s visitor experience manager, said: “Classic Ibiza promises to be even bigger and better this year.” Visit www.classicibiza.co.uk for more.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Norfolk News. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.