Young performers get set to shine under circus big top
- Credit: Archant
A troupe of young performers are getting ready to be the centre of attention at a touring circus currently in north Norfolk.
The 12 youngsters aged from five to 14 will do an acrobatics and an aerial net routine as part of Russell's International Circus.
The circus is at Beeston Regis near Sheringham, and the children, who come from Sheringham, Cromer and Holt, will take part in the shows starting at 6pm tonight (Tuesday, April 10), tomorrow and on Saturday.
Donna Young, who teaches the children as part of the volunteer-run Ramona Entertainments in Holt, said: 'This will be their first-ever experience of performing in a circus tent and they're so excited. It will be such a great experience for them to be working alongside professionals and learning all the aspects of what it is like to be in a circus.'
Ms Young founded the gymnastics, circus, cheer-leading and dance school about two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'We try to give them as many opportunities as possible to develop their skills and their team work.'
For more information about the show, visit www.russellscircus.co.uk.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?