World-famous cellist to play at Norfolk church
- Credit: Archant
One of the world's most renowned cellists is tuning up for a performance at Sheringham's parish church.
Jamal Aliyev, from Azerbaijan, will perform at St Peter's Church on Saturday, March 16, from 7.30pm.
Liz Hornshaw, spokeswoman, said: 'He will be performing Dvorak's beautiful Cello Concerto at St Peter's Church, Sheringham, with the North Norfolk Sinfonia. We're very lucky to be playing with such an amazing musician.
'The programme will also include the epic Shostakovich Symphony No 5.'
Mr Aliyev, 25, gave his solo debut performance for the BBC Proms in 2017 at the Royal Albert Hall. He has won major international prizes and played at prestigious venues across the world.
You may also want to watch:
He is continuing his studies at the Royal College of Music. He plays on a Jamal plays on a Giovanni Battista Gabrielli cello made in 1756, which is on loan from a patron of Beares International Violin Society, London.
Tickets for the event are £12, concessions £10, children free.
- 1 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 2 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 3 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 4 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 5 'Fishermen should grow up' - Report sparks clash over crab fishery
- 6 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 9 Historian's shock over footprints on Edith Cavell tombstone
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray