WIN tickets to super group tribute show in Cromer
- Credit: submitted
During the 1970s they dominated the music charts with their own unique brand of pop.
And now a tribute show paying homage to the original Super Troupers is coming to The Pavilion Theatre at Cromer Pier on Sunday, May 1.
And lucky readers of the North Norfolk News could win a set of tickets to see the show.
'Waterloo' The Best of Abba takes to the stage for a show packed full of nostalgia and hits from the golden days of the super group that was Abba.
The band swept to stardom and international fame after winning the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974 with Waterloo and remained as popular for four decades.
The tribute show brings all the hits flowing back in an energetic, colourful two-hour spectacular.
The show takes a look back at the sensational rise to stardom of band members Agnetha, Bjorn, Benny and Anni-Frid and gives fans the opportunity to experience the thrill of a live Abba show.
- 1 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 2 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 9 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 10 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
The Abba sound is replicated with a full live cast and band - with stunning costumes and choreography.
The audience will be encouraged to sing-a-long with some of the band's greatest hits including Dancing Queen, Super Trouper and of course, Waterloo.
Over the coming months the Pavilion Theatre is set to play host to a wealth of entertainment from musicians to comedians and all round entertainers to some of the country's best tribute acts.
Upcoming acts include music and chatter with comedian Richard Digance on May 12 and Roy Chubby Brown on May 19.
There will also be tribute shows to singer Billy Joel on May 14 and superband Supreme Queen on May 21.
On May 22 1960s band The Searchers will be appearing at the Pavilion Theatre giving audiences a chance to relive some of their greatest hits.
The North Norfolk News in conjunction with the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer Pier has two tickets for the Abba tribute show. To have a chance of winning see this week's North Norfolk News.
To book tickets for Cromer Pier shows visit www.cromerpier.co.uk or call the box office on 01263 512495.