Which comedians are coming to North Walsham for stand-up event?
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Comedian Arthur Smith will be cracking jokes in North Walsham as part of a Christmas fundraiser organised by the Labour Party.
The 63-year-old funnyman who once studied at the University of East Anglia and lives in London, will headline the North Walsham Community Centre event on December 20.
Also taking the stage will be Norfolk comedian Owen Evans from the Nimo Twins and musician Delphi Newman, once the lead singer of the Vital Disorders and then the London of The Agents of Play.
Mandy McKenna, event organiser, said: 'I can't quite believe we got Arthur Smith for North Walsham. He is hugely popular nationally and well known on BBC Radio. We are hoping he will draw a very good crowd. It promises to be a great evening where the community can
come together in the centre which will be transformed into a nightclub.'
You may also want to watch:
The Stand Up for Labour event starts at 7.30pm, tickets are £10 in advance or £15 on the door from email@example.com or www.standupforlabour.co.uk
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 7 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 8 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 9 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 10 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?