Step back to the days of vintage glory at upcoming fair
- Credit: Archant Library
Classic vehicles of all types will be on show at an upcoming vintage festival at the at the Railway Institute at Holt Station.
The North Norfolk Railway's Vintage Transport Festival takes place over the July 6-7 weekend, and will feature rides on vintage buses to Holt, Sheringham and surrounding villages on the Saturday.
On the Sunday, there will be a field next to the station filled with cars, bikes and commercial vehicles in celebration of a Vintage Transport Day.
Also on the Sunday from 10am to 3.30pm Poppyline Education Group will hold a vintage fair, with free admission, at the station's railway institute, where there will be 1940s hats, handbags, shoes and clothes for sale.
Children will also be able to dress up as a wartime evacuee, a Victorian archaeologist, or an early 20th Century holidaymaker visiting Sheringham by train.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be displays giving an insight into what home life was like between the wars.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 6 Most villagers back military training overhead despite noise
- 7 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 8 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 9 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
- 10 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping