Vintage trains and buses in North Norfolk
Vintage buses and trains are set to roll into North Norfolk next month.
The Poppy Line's second special vintage bus and train weekend will be held on Saturday/Sunday April 9 and 10.
On both days, vintage double- and single-deck buses and coaches will give free rides from Poppy Line stations, including a shuttle service to Holt town centre from the stations.
On the Sunday, there will be a static display of buses on the car park next to Sheringham station, and admission is free.
The buses will be complemented by vintage steam and diesel trains, running every 45 minutes throughout the day.
The unique Leyland experimental railbus, which was based on a Leyland road bus and first tested in East Anglia, is planned to be in service.
Normal all day hop-on, hop-off rover fares apply, adults �10.50, senior citizens �9.50, children aged five – 15 �7 and under-fives free.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Norfolk coastal trek named among best UK pub walks
- 8 Obituary: Blacksmith who began career in abandoned cowshed dies at 74
- 9 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk