Twins bring country folk music to Upper Sheringham acoustic venue
West Country twins the Carrivick sisters bring their blend of bluegrass country and folk music to the new Upper Sheringham Acoustic cafe venue on Saturday June 18.
Laura and Charlotte from South Devon play a variety of bluegrass instruments (mainly guitar, mandolin, banjo, dobro and fiddle) with vocal harmonies and are both songwriters.
Although their background is in bluegrass, their music has a strong folk influence which is evident in their original songs, many of which are inspired by their local landscape and stories.
The Carrivick Sisters are experienced performers, having played all over the UK, in Europe, and in Canada. They have released three CD's so far: My Own Two Feet in 2006; Better Than 6 Cakes in 2007; and Jupiter's Corner released in April 2009.
They first started performing as a duo in 2006, originally as buskers before starting to play more and more proper gigs, turning professional when they left school in 2007. As well as the playing as The Carrivick Sisters, Laura and Charlotte have been a part of other larger bands: Blue South; Miles Apart; Banjo Accelerator; Kick Up the Grass; and currently 'Andsome and Some.
You may also want to watch:
In 2007 they won the South West Busker's and Street Entertainer's Competition, gaining themselves their first spot at Glastonbury Festival. In 2008 Laura achieved 2nd place at the RockyGrass Fiddle Contest in America. More recently, the Carrivick Sisters were finalists in the prestigious BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Awards 2010.
The North Norfolk gig -which has Howard Burton and Joe Tozer as support act is at Upper Sheringham Village Hall at 7.30pm on Saturday June 18.
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
Doors Open 7:30pm. Ticket prices �7 on the door : �6 in advance through the Sheringham Little Theatre box office on 01263-822347. Alcohol allowed –please bring your own