Tuxedo Jazz Orchestra to play on Cromer Pier
- Credit: Archant
Music from the roaring 1920s and fabulous 1930s will be played out on Cromer Pier this weekend.
The Tuxedo Jazz Orchestra will be performing tunes from the best American and British dance bands and singers from the 1920s and 1930s this Saturday in the Pavilion Theatre at 7.30pm.
Directed by vocalist Tony Jacobs - a University of East Anglia graduate - who has regularly appeared on the Cromer Pier venue in previous years, the show will be packed with songs by famous entertainers.
These include Bing Crosby, Ruth Etting; Ambrose; Lew Stone; Henry Hall; Bob Crosby; McKinney's Cotton Pickers; and Mildred Bailey.
The show will be packed full of songs including Heat Wave; You must have been a beautiful baby; Pagan Love Song; White Heat; and Some of these days.
Music lovers who watch the show will be also be treated to a few surprises.
The Tuxedo Jazz Orchestra is a new 10-piece group which includes some of Britain's brightest and most accomplished musicians.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 4 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 5 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 6 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 7 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 10 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
Special guest vocalist on the night will be Louise Cookman who was recently seen on BBC 4 with BBC Strictly Come Dancing judge Len Goodman.
As well as quality music, the orchestra also promises to deliver infectious good humour.
It was described as the 'foot-tapping highlight' of the Fishguard International Music Festival in 2011.
The Cromer show will entertain the whole family.
Tickets for the show cost £17 for adults and £16 for concessions.
To buy tickets ring Cromer Pier box office on 01263 512495 or alternatively visit www.cromer-pier.com.
Fans of the orchestra will also be able to buy the band's new CD called White Heat during the performance.
For more information about the orchestra visit www.tuxedojazzorchestra.com
Other performances coming up at the Pavilion Theatre include The Sound of Music by Cromer and Sheringham Operatic and Dramatic Society from Saturday May 25 to Saturday June 1.
Tickets for this show cost £14, £13, £11.50 or £10.50.
For more information about this particular show visit www.csdos.co.uk
As well as 7.30pm shows, there will also be 2.30pm matinee shows.