Treasure Island family show at Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Swashbuckling family entertainment in the form of pirates and princesses will be taking place in a community theatre next week.
Treasure Island, by Lincolnshire-based LP Creatives theatre company, will be performed at Sheringham Little Theatre at noon on Friday August 9, Friday August 16 and Friday August 23.
The play is based on the novel by Robert Louis Stevenson but will include songs by One Direction, from the television show Glee and Queen.
The story will focus on the characters of Jim Hawkins, Billy Bones, Ben Gunn, Long John Silver and the parrot puppet Sneaky Beaky.
They will be played by Jack Richardson, from Norwich, Jessica Hathaway, who has appeared in the pantomimes at Norwich Theatre Royal, Sylvie-Ann Taylor, and Tom Beard, who has also produced the show. It has been directed by Lorna Price.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Beard, who put on a panto at the little theatre four years ago as well as another family show last year, said the play was in the style of Shrek and Toy Story.
'It is good live action and includes good panto-style fun. It is not a serious play. It follows the story of Treasure Island but has been made more accessible for a younger audience,' he added.
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
The show is for children aged five and over, parents and grandparents.
Tickets cost £8, £7 or £24 for a family. Call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com.