Treasure Island family show at Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Swashbuckling family entertainment in the form of pirates and princesses will be taking place in a community theatre next week.
Treasure Island, by Lincolnshire-based LP Creatives theatre company, will be performed at Sheringham Little Theatre at noon on Friday August 9, Friday August 16 and Friday August 23.
The play is based on the novel by Robert Louis Stevenson but will include songs by One Direction, from the television show Glee and Queen.
The story will focus on the characters of Jim Hawkins, Billy Bones, Ben Gunn, Long John Silver and the parrot puppet Sneaky Beaky.
They will be played by Jack Richardson, from Norwich, Jessica Hathaway, who has appeared in the pantomimes at Norwich Theatre Royal, Sylvie-Ann Taylor, and Tom Beard, who has also produced the show. It has been directed by Lorna Price.
Mr Beard, who put on a panto at the little theatre four years ago as well as another family show last year, said the play was in the style of Shrek and Toy Story.
'It is good live action and includes good panto-style fun. It is not a serious play. It follows the story of Treasure Island but has been made more accessible for a younger audience,' he added.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 3 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 4 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 5 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 6 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Race on to save incredible medieval wall paintings in Norfolk
- 9 Sole survivor peregrine chick is ringed
- 10 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
The show is for children aged five and over, parents and grandparents.
Tickets cost £8, £7 or £24 for a family. Call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com.