Traditional tea party at West Runton railway station
- Credit: Archant
Families will be able to enjoy traditional afternoon tea at a picturesque rural railway station this weekend.
The annual West Runton station tea party will be happening on Saturday from 2pm-4pm.
Visitors to the scenic spot will be able to enjoy buttered scones, jam and homemade cakes.
On top of that there will also be stalls selling local produce and second-hand goods.
The Bittern Line Community Rail Partnership will be supporting the event with a stall.
You may also want to watch:
Colette Fowler, Abellio Greater Anglia's stakeholder manager said: 'It is a fantastic day out for all of the family and a great favourite amongst the local community. What the station adopters achieve is remarkable. Not only do they make a delicious tea on the day, but they have also created a beautiful garden, which is looking fantastic.'
The West Runton station adopters are keen gardeners.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 10 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
To support their efforts, all proceeds from the tea party will go towards the planting and upkeep of the national award-winning garden.