Tickets on sale now for Crab and Lobster Festival
- Credit: Archant
Sea shanties, humorous poetry and folk will help kick off the summer season in style at the opening concert of the popular Crab and Lobster Festival next month.
The annual festival is now in its fourth year and tickets are on sale for the opening show on Friday May 17 on Cromer Pier. The celebrations will continue in Cromer on Saturday May 18 and in Sheringham on Sunday May 19.
Festival events will start next week, on Monday, with the launch of the Scrumptious Seafood Trail and the Festival's Lifebuoy Art Trail.
The opening show on May 17 promises to entertain the whole family with traditional sea shanties, folk and humour.
Entertainer Olly Day will host the concert, which will feature music by the Sheringham Shantymen, international singer John Conolly and comedy by Nigel 'Boy' Sayer.
Festival chairman Tony Shipp said: 'In 2012 the festival achieved enormous successes. Over 20,000 people enjoyed the festival weekend, thousands followed the deckchair trail and hundreds of children entered the design competition – it is hoped this year's festival, with an expanded programme of free events, will achieve the same success and bring more and more people to this fabulous area.'
Tickets for the opening night show cost £5 and are available from the Pavilion Theatre box office on 01263 512495.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Man found dead at parents' home suffered 'sharp decline' in mental health
- 9 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled
The festival weekend will feature seafood, street entertainment, film, and the return of the World Pier Crabbing Championships.