Tickets for three Cromer Pier shows
- Credit: submitted
Rock, comedy and big band music are set to combine in three shows coming to Cromer Pier.
Readers are being offered the chance to win tickets to each of the shows.
Purple Zeppelin will be taking to the stage on Friday, April 22 at 8pm in the ultimate tribute to two of the biggest bands rock history, Deep Purple and Lead Zeppelin. The show includes more than 30 classic songs and two costume changes.
From rock to the sweet sounds of the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band with comedian and entertainer Olly Day making a welcome return to the stage after his 11th appearance in the Cromer Christmas Show.
Olly and the Big band will be appearing alongside the added attraction of The Moonglow Sisters on Saturday, April 23 at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The evening is set to be packed full of songs from the big band era.
Jonathan Wyatt first approached Olly in 1991 to see if he would like to sing with his big band. A quarter of a century on, the old favourites from the likes of Dean Martin and Tony Bennett are sharing the limelight with the exciting sounds of Michael Buble - whose songs are tailor-made for the big band sound.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 3 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 4 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Mr Day said: 'I just can't wait to stand on the stage again with the powerhouse of the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band behind me, knowing that the evening ahead is going to soar with the sounds so many people love.
'There is nothing quite like hearing this invigorating big band music performed live by people with a real passion for it. I feel really lucky, I love every minute of it'
The New Foxtrot Serenaders, a seven piece vintage dance band from the South East, will be appearing at the theatre on Sunday, April 24 at 3pm in their brand new show, Strictly Gershwin.
They will be bringing to life the sounds of the 1930s and 1940s with the best loved melodies from George and Ira Gershwin including I Got Rhythm and Nice Work if you Can Get It.
The North Norfolk News in conjunction with the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer Pier has two tickets for each of the three shows To have a chance of winning see this week's North Norfolk News.
To book tickets contact Cromer Pier box office on 01263 512495.