Thomas the Tank Engine coming to the North Norfolk Railway
- Credit: Archant
Storybook favourite Thomas the Tank Engine will be the steaming onto the North Norfolk Railway for one weekend only.
The Day Out With Thomas event will be taking place at the Sheringham station over the May Bank Holiday weekend from Saturday May 4 to Monday May 6 between 9.45am and 5pm each day.
Thomas will be joined by the fat controller and the weekend promises to offer fun for children and fans of the books.
Despite being a regular event on the North Norfolk Railway for several years, the heritage Poppy Line has not hosted a Day Out With Thomas weekend for three years.
Colin Borg, marketing manager for the railway, said: 'The story of Thomas the Tank Engine has really got into the consciousness. Children seem to be born with knowledge of Thomas. It is one of those franchises that has taken off.'
You may also want to watch:
Thomas the Tank Engine is a fictional steam locomotive in The Railway Series books written by the Rev Wilbert Awdry. Thomas became the most popular in the series and the accompanying television spin-off series Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.
'The stories are very innocent and charming,' Mr Borg added.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
A full steam engine service will be running throughout the weekend.
Tickets range from £10, for children aged between two and 15, and £16 for adults. A family ticket costs £45.
To book visit www.dayoutwiththomas.co.uk.northnorfolk.