Thomas the Tank Engine coming to the North Norfolk Railway
- Credit: Archant
Storybook favourite Thomas the Tank Engine will be the steaming onto the North Norfolk Railway for one weekend only.
The Day Out With Thomas event will be taking place at the Sheringham station over the May Bank Holiday weekend from Saturday May 4 to Monday May 6 between 9.45am and 5pm each day.
Thomas will be joined by the fat controller and the weekend promises to offer fun for children and fans of the books.
Despite being a regular event on the North Norfolk Railway for several years, the heritage Poppy Line has not hosted a Day Out With Thomas weekend for three years.
Colin Borg, marketing manager for the railway, said: 'The story of Thomas the Tank Engine has really got into the consciousness. Children seem to be born with knowledge of Thomas. It is one of those franchises that has taken off.'
Thomas the Tank Engine is a fictional steam locomotive in The Railway Series books written by the Rev Wilbert Awdry. Thomas became the most popular in the series and the accompanying television spin-off series Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.
'The stories are very innocent and charming,' Mr Borg added.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
A full steam engine service will be running throughout the weekend.
Tickets range from £10, for children aged between two and 15, and £16 for adults. A family ticket costs £45.
To book visit www.dayoutwiththomas.co.uk.northnorfolk.