Thomas the Tank Engine coming to the North Norfolk Railway
- Credit: Archant
Storybook favourite Thomas the Tank Engine will be the steaming onto the North Norfolk Railway for one weekend only.
The Day Out With Thomas event will be taking place at the Sheringham station over the May Bank Holiday weekend from Saturday May 4 to Monday May 6 between 9.45am and 5pm each day.
Thomas will be joined by the fat controller and the weekend promises to offer fun for children and fans of the books.
Despite being a regular event on the North Norfolk Railway for several years, the heritage Poppy Line has not hosted a Day Out With Thomas weekend for three years.
Colin Borg, marketing manager for the railway, said: 'The story of Thomas the Tank Engine has really got into the consciousness. Children seem to be born with knowledge of Thomas. It is one of those franchises that has taken off.'
You may also want to watch:
Thomas the Tank Engine is a fictional steam locomotive in The Railway Series books written by the Rev Wilbert Awdry. Thomas became the most popular in the series and the accompanying television spin-off series Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.
'The stories are very innocent and charming,' Mr Borg added.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 8 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
A full steam engine service will be running throughout the weekend.
Tickets range from £10, for children aged between two and 15, and £16 for adults. A family ticket costs £45.
To book visit www.dayoutwiththomas.co.uk.northnorfolk.