Talented violinist to grace Aylsham lunchtime concert
Talented young violinist Tamsin Waley-Cohen stars in the next lunchtime concert staged by the Aylsham Music Society.The 24-year-old, who has played with many of the leading London orchestras and made her United States debut last year, will be using her Stradivarius violin made in 1721.
Talented young violinist Tamsin Waley-Cohen stars in the next lunchtime concert staged by the Aylsham Music Society.
The 24-year-old, who has played with many of the leading London orchestras and made her United States debut last year, will be using her Stradivarius violin made in 1721.
With pianist Sam Haywood they will do a programme of featuring Beethoven's Sonata in C minor, Chopin's Bacerolle, Ravel's Sonate and Elgar's Salut D'Amore at St Michael's Church from 1pm to 2pm on Thursday, February 18.
The society has staged more than 50 concerts since October 2005, with audience numbers doubling over that time to an average of more than 100.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesman John Snape said: 'Our policy is to produce a wide range of music using mainly local artists, and to provide a platform for promising young musicians.'
Other forthcoming concerts are:
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 5 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 6 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
March 18 - Erdem Misirlioglu (piano)
April 15 - Nelson String Trio - Rona Murray (violin), Brenda Stewart (viola), Natasha Holmes (cello)
May 1 - Norwich Baroque (7.30pm)
May 20 - Jayne May-Sysum (soprano), Philip Trzebiatowski (cello), James Laird (piano)
June 17 - William Ferguson (piano)
All concerts are at the parish church from 1pm unless state, Entrance is �6 for lunchtime concerts. The May 1 evening one is �12 including wine. More details from Mr Snape on 01263 768599, or firstname.lastname@example.org