Talented violinist to grace Aylsham lunchtime concert
Talented young violinist Tamsin Waley-Cohen stars in the next lunchtime concert staged by the Aylsham Music Society.The 24-year-old, who has played with many of the leading London orchestras and made her United States debut last year, will be using her Stradivarius violin made in 1721.
Talented young violinist Tamsin Waley-Cohen stars in the next lunchtime concert staged by the Aylsham Music Society.
The 24-year-old, who has played with many of the leading London orchestras and made her United States debut last year, will be using her Stradivarius violin made in 1721.
With pianist Sam Haywood they will do a programme of featuring Beethoven's Sonata in C minor, Chopin's Bacerolle, Ravel's Sonate and Elgar's Salut D'Amore at St Michael's Church from 1pm to 2pm on Thursday, February 18.
The society has staged more than 50 concerts since October 2005, with audience numbers doubling over that time to an average of more than 100.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesman John Snape said: 'Our policy is to produce a wide range of music using mainly local artists, and to provide a platform for promising young musicians.'
Other forthcoming concerts are:
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
- 9 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 10 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
March 18 - Erdem Misirlioglu (piano)
April 15 - Nelson String Trio - Rona Murray (violin), Brenda Stewart (viola), Natasha Holmes (cello)
May 1 - Norwich Baroque (7.30pm)
May 20 - Jayne May-Sysum (soprano), Philip Trzebiatowski (cello), James Laird (piano)
June 17 - William Ferguson (piano)
All concerts are at the parish church from 1pm unless state, Entrance is �6 for lunchtime concerts. The May 1 evening one is �12 including wine. More details from Mr Snape on 01263 768599, or email@example.com