Talented violinist to grace Aylsham lunchtime concert
Talented young violinist Tamsin Waley-Cohen stars in the next lunchtime concert staged by the Aylsham Music Society.The 24-year-old, who has played with many of the leading London orchestras and made her United States debut last year, will be using her Stradivarius violin made in 1721.
Talented young violinist Tamsin Waley-Cohen stars in the next lunchtime concert staged by the Aylsham Music Society.
The 24-year-old, who has played with many of the leading London orchestras and made her United States debut last year, will be using her Stradivarius violin made in 1721.
With pianist Sam Haywood they will do a programme of featuring Beethoven's Sonata in C minor, Chopin's Bacerolle, Ravel's Sonate and Elgar's Salut D'Amore at St Michael's Church from 1pm to 2pm on Thursday, February 18.
The society has staged more than 50 concerts since October 2005, with audience numbers doubling over that time to an average of more than 100.
Spokesman John Snape said: 'Our policy is to produce a wide range of music using mainly local artists, and to provide a platform for promising young musicians.'
Other forthcoming concerts are:
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 3 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 4 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 5 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 6 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 7 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 8 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 9 Hundreds visit new art gallery in Cromer in its first week
- 10 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
March 18 - Erdem Misirlioglu (piano)
April 15 - Nelson String Trio - Rona Murray (violin), Brenda Stewart (viola), Natasha Holmes (cello)
May 1 - Norwich Baroque (7.30pm)
May 20 - Jayne May-Sysum (soprano), Philip Trzebiatowski (cello), James Laird (piano)
June 17 - William Ferguson (piano)
All concerts are at the parish church from 1pm unless state, Entrance is �6 for lunchtime concerts. The May 1 evening one is �12 including wine. More details from Mr Snape on 01263 768599, or email@example.com