Summer drama season at Sheringham Little Theatre unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Comedy, drama, spice and intrigue – the summer season at Sheringham Little Theatre looks set to offer a dazzling array of exciting shows.
Tickets have just gone on sale for this year's summer rep and, with a carefully selected programme of plays to choose from, theatre-goers are sure to find something to entice them.
Debbie Thompson, director of the Sheringham Little Theatre, said this year's season launched into action with The comedy Teechers, by John Godber, on Saturday July 6. This production will continue until Monday July 15 and between Saturday August 3 and Tuesday August 6.
This will be followed by the dark thriller Deathtrap, by Ira Levin, between Wednesday July 17 and Thursday July 25 and Monday August 19 and Saturday August 24.
A production of We Found Love and an Exquisite Set of Porcelain Figurines Aboard the SS Farndale Avenue, by David McGillivray and Walter Zerlin Jnr, will be performed from Saturday July 27 to Friday August 2 and between Monday August 26 and Saturday August 31.
The comedy play Tom, Dick and Harry by Ray and Michael Cooney will be on stage between Thursday August 8 and Saturday August 17.
Another humorous play called Lettice and Lovage, by Peter Shaffer, will be performed between Tuesday September 3 and Saturday September 7.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 4 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 5 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 6 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 7 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
- 8 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
Mrs Thompson said: 'We can't wait for 2013's summer rep to begin – we are so excited about all the different plays. This year many of our best-loved actors are returning, having been carefully chosen for roles we know they will really shine in.'
This summer sees Rupert Mason, Madeleine Brolly, Sarah Langton, Loraine Metcalf, Ryan Starling and Richard Keightley take to the stage.
They will be joined by Rebecca Todd, Cornelius Garrett, Harry Williams and Ellen Waite in taking on a number of roles each.
'It is going to be a brilliant summer at Sheringham Little Theatre. All these plays will have something really special to offer and together will offer a fabulous season of shows,' Mrs Thompson added.
For more information about each of the shows or to book tickets visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com or call the box office on 01263 822347.
The film, A Late Quartet, will be screened at the Little Theatre today at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
It is rated as a 15 and tickets cost £6 or £3.50 for under 16s.