Successful Southrepps Classical Music Festival taking place this summer
A classical music festival hatched in a north Norfolk village four years ago continues to grow from strength to strength this summer.
The imposing church at Southrepps will play host to a series of concerts - launched in 2010 with the aim of bringing leading young artists to a picturesque corner of the county.
Four years in the event is expanding its programme to six concerts over four days running from Thursday August 1 to Sunday August 4.
And spokesman Neil Primose said it was set to perform an increased number of larger-scale works through a developing team of internationally-renowned players, singers and conductors.
Expansion had also allowed the inclusion of a song recital and opera gala to the programme.
You may also want to watch:
The classical festival will also see some talent from nearer to home with a concert by the Southrepps Chorale, whose popularity has been built on the success of the choral workshops held at previous years' festivals.
The choir led by Stephen Richards will sing songs from the shows.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
It will also make its contribution towards the ongoing celebrations of the birth of composer Benjamin Britten - who attended Gresham's School in Holt - with a recital of his Canticles for voices and piano, and with performances of his setting of Rimbaud's Les Illuminations and of the ever-popular oratorio Saint Nicolas.
Tickets - including £35 ticket passes - can be bought from Maggie Tranter by calling 01263 834691.
For more information about the upcoming musical concerts and ticket prices visit www.southrepps-classical-music-festival.org