Students set to rock Buddies
A group of former Cambridge students will be rocking the house at Buddies Bar, Cromer, on Saturday, in aid of the town's lifeboat. Covers band Karnage was formed by a four friends studying at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge in the 1980s.
A group of former Cambridge students will be rocking the house at Buddies Bar, Cromer, on Saturday, in aid of the town's lifeboat.
Covers band Karnage was formed by a four friends studying at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge in the 1980s.
After graduating, the group moved to various parts of the country, carving careers as a GP, an engineer, an investment banker and a writer, but have got together once a year to perform for charity.
The band will be appearing at Cromer for the first time on Saturday, at a gig organised by keyboard player, local scientist and writer Dr Henry Gee.
"We've raised thousands in the past for meningitis research because our bass guitarist Owen's eldest son was profoundly disabled by this awful disease," Henry said. "We have also paid for a number of badly-needed wells in Sri Lanka, so, as we are playing in Cromer, we thought we would raise money for the RNLI."
Rock the Boat, an evening of classic rock with Karnage is at Buddies Bar, Holt Road, Cromer, on Saturday at 9pm. Admission is free, but the band will be taking a bucket collection in aid of the RNLI.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer