Stage is set for speakeasy fun at Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Gang warfare waged with custard pies is about to break out in Sheringham, as young actors practice their parts for a fun musical show.
Bugsy Malone features the rival gangs of Fat Sam and Dandy Dan battling for power, armed with cream-shooting 'splurge guns' in 1930s America.
A 76-strong cast of youngsters aged from eight to 18 from Sheringham Little Theatre's youth drama group has been rehearsing since January ahead of a week-long run of shows in early April.
Co-director Bridget Robinson said: 'The young people are really enjoying it. The show is so vibrant and such fun, with gangsters, custard pies, humour and catchy songs,' she added.
Bugsy Malone is at Sheringham Little Theatre from Friday April 6 to Saturday April 14 (no performance on the 8th) at 7.30pm nightly and a 2.30pm matinee on the Saturday.
For tickets, and more information, call the box office on 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 7 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 10 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee