Stage is set for speakeasy fun at Sheringham Little Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Gang warfare waged with custard pies is about to break out in Sheringham, as young actors practice their parts for a fun musical show.
Bugsy Malone features the rival gangs of Fat Sam and Dandy Dan battling for power, armed with cream-shooting 'splurge guns' in 1930s America.
A 76-strong cast of youngsters aged from eight to 18 from Sheringham Little Theatre's youth drama group has been rehearsing since January ahead of a week-long run of shows in early April.
Co-director Bridget Robinson said: 'The young people are really enjoying it. The show is so vibrant and such fun, with gangsters, custard pies, humour and catchy songs,' she added.
Bugsy Malone is at Sheringham Little Theatre from Friday April 6 to Saturday April 14 (no performance on the 8th) at 7.30pm nightly and a 2.30pm matinee on the Saturday.
For tickets, and more information, call the box office on 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 9 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 10 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier