Spider and bug day near Banningham
A young environmentalist with a keen interest in spiders and bugs will be one of the guests at an event being held in north Norfolk this weekend.
Keir Whiting, 11, is a keen member of WAC, Wild About Colby, which is a local environmental group based in the Banningham/Colby Parish, near Aylsham.
With a special interest in Spiders and Bugs, his grandmother has given him a collection of preserved insects and he will be showcasing them at WAC's Spider and Bug day, which takes place at Banningham Jubilee Hall, on Sunday, February 27, between 2.30pm and 5pm.
Also at the event will be Tony Irwin, Curator of Natural History at Castle Museum, who will be bringing some unusual specimens for people to see.
Pip Collyer of the Norfolk Spider Recording Group will be there identifying spiders, so people are asked to bring along any dead or alive ones they may have.
There will also be a host of activities taking place, including a fancy dress competition, with prizes.
Entrance is �1.50, with all funds raised going towards WAC's local conservation projects.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
For more information, contact Vivien Williamson, chairman of WAC, on 01263 732942.