Spider and bug day near Banningham
A young environmentalist with a keen interest in spiders and bugs will be one of the guests at an event being held in north Norfolk this weekend.
Keir Whiting, 11, is a keen member of WAC, Wild About Colby, which is a local environmental group based in the Banningham/Colby Parish, near Aylsham.
With a special interest in Spiders and Bugs, his grandmother has given him a collection of preserved insects and he will be showcasing them at WAC's Spider and Bug day, which takes place at Banningham Jubilee Hall, on Sunday, February 27, between 2.30pm and 5pm.
Also at the event will be Tony Irwin, Curator of Natural History at Castle Museum, who will be bringing some unusual specimens for people to see.
Pip Collyer of the Norfolk Spider Recording Group will be there identifying spiders, so people are asked to bring along any dead or alive ones they may have.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a host of activities taking place, including a fancy dress competition, with prizes.
Entrance is �1.50, with all funds raised going towards WAC's local conservation projects.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 4 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 5 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 6 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
For more information, contact Vivien Williamson, chairman of WAC, on 01263 732942.