Spider and bug day near Banningham
A young environmentalist with a keen interest in spiders and bugs will be one of the guests at an event being held in north Norfolk this weekend.
Keir Whiting, 11, is a keen member of WAC, Wild About Colby, which is a local environmental group based in the Banningham/Colby Parish, near Aylsham.
With a special interest in Spiders and Bugs, his grandmother has given him a collection of preserved insects and he will be showcasing them at WAC's Spider and Bug day, which takes place at Banningham Jubilee Hall, on Sunday, February 27, between 2.30pm and 5pm.
Also at the event will be Tony Irwin, Curator of Natural History at Castle Museum, who will be bringing some unusual specimens for people to see.
Pip Collyer of the Norfolk Spider Recording Group will be there identifying spiders, so people are asked to bring along any dead or alive ones they may have.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a host of activities taking place, including a fancy dress competition, with prizes.
Entrance is �1.50, with all funds raised going towards WAC's local conservation projects.
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
For more information, contact Vivien Williamson, chairman of WAC, on 01263 732942.