Simple Minds have a date at Blickling
Scottish rock band Simple Minds is returning to Blickling Hall for an outdoor gig this summer.The, group fronted by Jim Kerr, appeared at the National Trust stately home in 2004 and are booked to reappear on Friday July 14 this year.
Scottish rock band Simple Minds is returning to Blickling Hall for an outdoor gig this summer.
The, group fronted by Jim Kerr, appeared at the National Trust stately home in 2004 and are booked to reappear on Friday July 14 this year.
It is the latest concert to be announced at the lakeside setting, and will be the evening before a 1980s party style event featuring a string of acts including Marc Almond, ABC, Kid Creole, and the Three Degrees.
Simple Minds found chart fame in Britain and America with Don't You Forget About Me in 1985, and a follow-up UK number one with Belfast Child four years later.
You may also want to watch:
They have clocked up more than 30 million sales of albums, five of which entered the UK charts at number one.
Tickets costing �37.50 + booking fee are available on the EDP ticket line 01603 772175, via www.EDP24.co.uk or in person at the company's offices at Prospect House Norwich, Yarmouth, Cromer and Lowestoft, or via the Blickling box office on 0844 800 4308.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road