Simple Minds have a date at Blickling
Scottish rock band Simple Minds is returning to Blickling Hall for an outdoor gig this summer.The, group fronted by Jim Kerr, appeared at the National Trust stately home in 2004 and are booked to reappear on Friday July 14 this year.
Scottish rock band Simple Minds is returning to Blickling Hall for an outdoor gig this summer.
The, group fronted by Jim Kerr, appeared at the National Trust stately home in 2004 and are booked to reappear on Friday July 14 this year.
It is the latest concert to be announced at the lakeside setting, and will be the evening before a 1980s party style event featuring a string of acts including Marc Almond, ABC, Kid Creole, and the Three Degrees.
Simple Minds found chart fame in Britain and America with Don't You Forget About Me in 1985, and a follow-up UK number one with Belfast Child four years later.
You may also want to watch:
They have clocked up more than 30 million sales of albums, five of which entered the UK charts at number one.
Tickets costing �37.50 + booking fee are available on the EDP ticket line 01603 772175, via www.EDP24.co.uk or in person at the company's offices at Prospect House Norwich, Yarmouth, Cromer and Lowestoft, or via the Blickling box office on 0844 800 4308.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history