Showtime cabaret event is becoming the new Mundesley festival
- Credit: Archant
A showtime cabaret event was such a success in 2017 they are doing it all again this year.
Fears were raised in 2016 that it was the end of an era when an annual arts festival in north Norfolk came to an end after 33 years.
But the Red Loft Theatre Company stepped into the void left by the demise of the Mundesley festival with a week of live music and theatre in the village last August.
And from the frolic pad that is Coronation Hall, Mundesley, the company is returning with more cabaret-style evenings.
Spokeswoman Kathryn Moore said: 'Our 2017 showtime cabaret shows were such a success we are repeating the event this August, and it promises to be the Cat's Meow.
'So successful and acclaimed was Showtime at The Coronation Hall 2017 that the artistes themselves are really going that extra mile to deliver six sensational nights.
'Joe Annison, who last year raised the roof with his spectacular Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, is flying over 4500 miles from his Dubai home specially to perform on the Mundesley stage.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 3 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 4 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 5 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 6 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 7 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 8 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 9 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
'Whilst Emily Sidnell has chosen to sing and dance away her 18th birthday celebration which falls on Showtime's last night.'
The company is putting on two shows, Showtime Speakeasy and Showtime Musicals.
Each evening comes with a freshly prepared light supper and licensed bar.
If you are a veggie, vegan, diabetic or have special dietary requirements the kitchen will tailor the evening's menu to your needs.
The Mundesley festival attracted some of the biggest names in showbusiness during its run, and raised thousands of pounds for charity. But organiser Derek Kirk decided to call it a day in 2016, and Red Loft Theatre Company, in collaboration with the Coronation Hall, where the event used to be staged, stepped into the breach.
The two shows run from August 9-18 with tickets costing £17 including light supper. Showtime Musicals: Thurs 9, Fri 10, Sat 11: Showtime Speakeasy: Thurs 16, Fri 17, Sat 18. For more information or to book visit www.redlofttheatre.com. Telephone booking via Ticketsource on 0333 666 3366 (charged at £1.50 per booking).