Showtime cabaret event is becoming the new Mundesley festival
- Credit: Archant
A showtime cabaret event was such a success in 2017 they are doing it all again this year.
Fears were raised in 2016 that it was the end of an era when an annual arts festival in north Norfolk came to an end after 33 years.
But the Red Loft Theatre Company stepped into the void left by the demise of the Mundesley festival with a week of live music and theatre in the village last August.
And from the frolic pad that is Coronation Hall, Mundesley, the company is returning with more cabaret-style evenings.
Spokeswoman Kathryn Moore said: 'Our 2017 showtime cabaret shows were such a success we are repeating the event this August, and it promises to be the Cat's Meow.
You may also want to watch:
'So successful and acclaimed was Showtime at The Coronation Hall 2017 that the artistes themselves are really going that extra mile to deliver six sensational nights.
'Joe Annison, who last year raised the roof with his spectacular Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, is flying over 4500 miles from his Dubai home specially to perform on the Mundesley stage.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
'Whilst Emily Sidnell has chosen to sing and dance away her 18th birthday celebration which falls on Showtime's last night.'
The company is putting on two shows, Showtime Speakeasy and Showtime Musicals.
Each evening comes with a freshly prepared light supper and licensed bar.
If you are a veggie, vegan, diabetic or have special dietary requirements the kitchen will tailor the evening's menu to your needs.
The Mundesley festival attracted some of the biggest names in showbusiness during its run, and raised thousands of pounds for charity. But organiser Derek Kirk decided to call it a day in 2016, and Red Loft Theatre Company, in collaboration with the Coronation Hall, where the event used to be staged, stepped into the breach.
The two shows run from August 9-18 with tickets costing £17 including light supper. Showtime Musicals: Thurs 9, Fri 10, Sat 11: Showtime Speakeasy: Thurs 16, Fri 17, Sat 18. For more information or to book visit www.redlofttheatre.com. Telephone booking via Ticketsource on 0333 666 3366 (charged at £1.50 per booking).