Search for a star reaches a climax
The X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing may be warming up, but a local search for summer show star comes to the boil this Saturday night.Eight finalists will battle it out on the stage at Cromer Pier in a bid to win the coveted prize of joining next year's cast of the successful Seaside Special show.
The X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing may be warming up, but a local search for summer show star comes to the boil this Saturday night.
Eight finalists will battle it out on the stage at Cromer Pier in a bid to win the coveted prize of joining next year's cast of the successful Seaside Special show. A string of vocalists will be joined by a ventriloquist, magician and a woman clown in the climax of a competition backed by the EDP and BBC Radio Norfolk.
During the evening show a panel of judges will pick an act to appear in 2009 season. Earlier in the day they will have whittled down a dozen finalists to the final eight in a behind-closed-doors session. But the live final is open to the public, and organisers are encouraging supporters to turn up and cheer on their favourites - and for Seaside Special fans to turn up for an early glimpse of next year's talent.
Bruce Stratton, of pier operators Openwide International, said: “It is a chance to work with one of the best choreographer-directors in the business, and learn more about the showbiz craft.”
You may also want to watch:
The show will also feature entertainment from next year's headlining act Simmons and Simmons, and former Cromer man Eddie Bushell, who is back in town this winter to sing in the Christmas Seaside Special.
Find a Star final, Cromer Pier Pavilion, Saturday at 7pm. Tickets £7, box office 01263 512495.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?