Russian adventure for Norfolk blues man Ron Sayer
- Credit: © Peter Tarleton
A Norfolk blues man is heading to Moscow.
The city is on the gig calendar for North Walsham singer-guitarist Ron Sayer as he takes to the road across the UK, Europe and beyond.
He is heading to the Russian capital to play four dates in May – a festival, then a trio of sessions in blues clubs.
It came about after he was contacted by the organiser of a series of British Blues Invasion gigs in the city.
'It will be exciting – as I hear they are very appreciative and like their blues,' said Ron.
You may also want to watch:
The show will be a mixture of original material from his latest Hard to Please album and blues covers.
France is also on the gig list with appearances at the Nuits de Blues at Ambon in April, and a Blues au Chateau event in an historic castle in August, with his band, which includes wife Charlotte Sayer on keyboards.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer
Nearer home they are playing at Blakeney Harbour Rooms tomorrow from 8.30pm, and an acoustic set at the Plasterers Arms in Norwich on Sunday February 23.
Visit www.ron.sayer.co.uk for more information.