Rocking charity night auction and music in North Walsham
Rock star memorabilia and music from up and coming stars are to help raise money for teenage cancer sufferers.
This year's North Walsham Live Aid, in the town's community centre on Friday April 15 and Saturday April 16, will raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
North Walsham Live Aid was launched as a one-off in 1985, at the time of Sir Bob Geldof's international Live Aid concert raising money for the Ethiopian famine.
Mr Holden resurrected it in January 2005 to help victims following the Asian tsunami on Boxing Day 2004.
Since then it has been held annually, raising more than £50,000 for children's charities.
A popular feature of the event is the rock memorabilia auction featuring many items signed by stars.
It was announced a few weeks ago that Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett had become patron of the show.
- 1 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 4 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 5 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 6 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 7 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 10 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
Organiser Barry Holden said the union had come about after he met Mr Hackett two or three times and Mr Hackett had signed items for North Walsham Live Aid's annual rock memorabilia auction.
Bands appearing at this year's North Walsham Live Aid include Norwich band Burning Crows and headliners Walkway who have been supporting Status Quo on tour.
This year's auction items include a guitar signed by American blues legend BB King.
Tickets are £10 for each night, or £15 for both. For more details visit: www.northwalshamliveaid.co.uk