Rick Astley joins Blickling line-up
Chart-topping 1980s singer Rick Astley has joined the line up of a party-style concert in Norfolk this summer.He stormed into the charts with a debut single number one Never Gonna Give You Up in August 1987.
Chart-topping 1980s singer Rick Astley has joined the line up of a party-style concert in Norfolk this summer.
He stormed into the charts with a debut single number one Never Gonna Give You Up in August 1987.
Nearly 21 years later he will appear in a one-night gathering of 11 eighties acts at Blickling Hall to mark the venue's 11th anniversary of holding pop concerts.
Astley has been drafted in after Kid Creole and the Coconuts, who were in the original line-up, had to cancel their summer appearances due to “scheduling problems” said promoter David Heartfield yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
The 42-year singer followed up his number one with another seven top 10 hits on the trot, but more recently has writing and producing as well as joining 80s nostalgia tours.
The rest of the Blickling line-up on Saturday July 19 is Kim Wilde, Howard Jones, Nik Kershaw, Paul Young, Heaven 17, China Crisis, The Real Thing, Curiosity Killed the Cat, Altered Images and Dr and the Medics.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
Tickets costing £37.50 are bookable through EDP offices at Millennium Plain and Prospect House, Norwich and at Cromer and Yarmouth, as well as the Blickling Hall on 0844 800 4308 or a 24-hour hotline on 0871 424 444, www.ticketline.co.uk