Review: ‘The Government Inspector’ at The Auden Theatre, Holt
- Credit: Archant
The Government Inspector, directed by Gerry Flanagan of Shifting Sands Theatre Company, was lively, ridiculous, and enormous fun!
The energetically talented cast of Flanagan, Klara Domroese, Janela Magalhaes and Isabel Remere all delivered joyful and engaging performances, each playing several characters.
Using a sparse set to great effect, drawing the audience in; their energy and clarity of performance was genuinely impressive, and appreciated by an absorbed and entertained house. The cast skilfully negotiated frequent yet effective costume changes and each character was always clearly defined.
The plot rattled along at a splendid pace and delivered the desired conclusion to a rapturous response from the audience who demanded a deserved second curtain call. A hugely entertaining show.
The Auden's drama season continues on Monday, March 18 at 7.30pm with The Time Machine by HG Wells. Tickets are available online at audentheatre.co.uk or by telephone on 01263 713444.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 9 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 10 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation