Review: ‘The Government Inspector’ at The Auden Theatre, Holt
- Credit: Archant
The Government Inspector, directed by Gerry Flanagan of Shifting Sands Theatre Company, was lively, ridiculous, and enormous fun!
The energetically talented cast of Flanagan, Klara Domroese, Janela Magalhaes and Isabel Remere all delivered joyful and engaging performances, each playing several characters.
Using a sparse set to great effect, drawing the audience in; their energy and clarity of performance was genuinely impressive, and appreciated by an absorbed and entertained house. The cast skilfully negotiated frequent yet effective costume changes and each character was always clearly defined.
The plot rattled along at a splendid pace and delivered the desired conclusion to a rapturous response from the audience who demanded a deserved second curtain call. A hugely entertaining show.
The Auden's drama season continues on Monday, March 18 at 7.30pm with The Time Machine by HG Wells. Tickets are available online at audentheatre.co.uk or by telephone on 01263 713444.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 4 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 5 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 6 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 7 Family's bid to fund 'life-changing' operation for brave Kaiden, eight
- 8 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 9 Lib Dems pick new leader for Norfolk County Council group
- 10 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times