Review: Dick Whittington and his cat at Corronation Hall, Mundesley
- Credit: Archant
After creating over 45 pantomimes, every year it must be said that those who volunteered their time during the near half-a-century have achieved a great deal of professionalism, which reflects throughout a collection of performances as it has in this panto.
With an audience of all ages and almost a full house the curtains separated to display a very colourful cast dancing and singing which quickly warmed up the atmosphere throughout.
Dick Whittington and His Cat, adapted and written by Ben Crocker, the show was full of fun and wit. It was produced by Ian Cashmore and Pat Nearney, directed by Cheryl Collings, while musical director Eddie Bushell and choreographer, Annamarie Sterne offered the brilliant songs and amazing dance routines.
These were held together by Dame Sarah as the Cook, Paul Nursey as energetic Idle Jack Jarvis, Ian Cashmore as King Rat, Marta Vilka as Fairy Bowbells, Georgie Ellson as Tommy the Cat, John King as Alderman Fitzwarren, Sophie Lewis as Alice Fitzwarren, Paul Reynolds as Captain Horatio Cockle, Will Houlton as the Emperor of Morocco, with Dick Whittington played by Jac Gatfield.
All in all, brilliant performances, backed by junior and adult choruses and colourful costumes, especially Sarah the Cook's, which added atmosphere to the excellent lighting and sound with great audience participation.
You may also want to watch:
Well worth a visit and funds will go to various local charities, later this year.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake