REMEMBRANCE Day services in north Norfolk this Sunday include: Aylsham: 2.30pm parade leaves Cawston Road Drill Hall for 3pm service in St Michael's Church and wreath-laying at churchyard war memorial.
REMEMBRANCE Day services in north Norfolk this Sunday include:
Aylsham: 2.30pm parade leaves Cawston Road Drill Hall for 3pm service in St Michael's Church and wreath-laying at churchyard war memorial.
Burgh-next-Aylsham: 10am service in St Mary's Church, with Aylsham Royal British Legion (RBL) standard bearers.
Happisburgh: 3pm service in St Mary's Church with Stalham RBL standard bearers.
You may also want to watch:
Tunstead: 10.45am service in St Mary's Church for the Worstead group of parishes.
Cromer: The TS Warriors Naval Cadet Corps band will lead the parade at Cromer, leaving the Meadow car park at 2.40pm and processing through the town, where the salute will be taken in Church Street by deputy mayor Yvonne Nolan and North Norfolk District Council chairman Sue Arnold. A church service at 3pm will be followed by wreath-laying at the war memorial.
- 1 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 2 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 7 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 8 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 Praise for retiring controller who kept an eye on Norfolk's coast
Holt: British Legion chairman John Perry Warnes will lead a parade through the town to the war memorial for an 11am service taken by representatives of all local churches. Wreath-laying will following two minutes' silence.
Felbrigg: a service takes place at the village war memorial at 9am.
Mundesley: 10.30am at the Royal Engineer Bomb Disposal memorial on the clifftop green.
North Walsham: 2.15pm, wreath-laying and silent tribute at war memorial in Memorial Park; 2.45pm, parade leaves Farman Avenue for 3pm service and wreath-laying in St Nicholas' Church, followed by refreshments in St Benet's Hall.
Sheringham: parade leaves Salvation Army headquarters in Cremer Street at 10.30am, for an 11am service at the town's war memorial. North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb will be taking the salute alongside mayor Noel Gant and British Legion branch vice-president, Brigadier Max Marriner. A service at St Peter's Church will follow, with an evening service also taking place at 6pm at the Salvation Army citadel.
Stalham: parade to St Mary's Church for 10.30am service and wreath-laying.
On Tuesday, Armistice Day, the 11th hour of the 11th month of the 11th day will be marked by the RBL with ceremonies and silences at: North Walsham War Memorial Cottage Hospital, Aylsham churchyard war memorial and Stalham church's memorial garden.