Reading Festival at Aylsham High School
A festival to promote the love of reading for children and adults will be held next month in a north Norfolk school.
The Reading Festival will take place over one day at Aylsham High School on Saturday May 4.
Organisers hope it will bring families and the community together and one of the main attractions will be the poet Roger McGough.
Mr McGough will be reading new poems from 7.30pm. This part of the event is for people aged 14 and over and tickets cost £12.
Norwich Puppet Theatre will be putting on a performance of Thumbelina at noon in the drama studio and youngsters will be able to meet the Gruffalo between 11am and 3pm on the hour in the main hall.
You may also want to watch:
Advance tickets bought through www.thereadingfestival.co.uk cost £4 for adults, £8 for children or £16 for one family. Tickets bought on the day will cost £10 individually or £20 for one family.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 8 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer