Picture perfect views of coast in Cromer exhibitions
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of all things coastal and natural will be on show at two art exhibitions.
North Norfolk District Council's public art gallery, at the Holt Road offices, is currently presenting a new exhibition featuring photographs from local photographer Guy Metcalf.
The exhibition includes many shots from around the north Norfolk coast as well as others from locations around the world. The photographs are in both colour and black and white and demonstrate how various dimensions of light can change an image.
Each shot brings the atmosphere to life, making an image peaceful, mystical, striking or minimalist.
Mr Metcalf is currently studying with the Photography Institute.
You may also want to watch:
He has spent months travelling the world, and yet strongly believes that some of the most beautiful landscapes and views that he has captured are here in north Norfolk.
The pictures will show everything from beautiful sunrises to evocative images of the North Sea.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Dog boutique to celebrate second birthday with treats for pooches
- 10 Driver, 21, left paralysed after crashing into tree, court told
Any local artists can display their work on the first floor gallery space, which is free to look around.
Currently six exhibitions are held annually and are open to the public during normal office hours.
The council offices are open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8.30am and 5pm; Wednesdays between 10am and 5pm; and Fridays between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
Work by seven artists will be on show in a new exhibition at The Gallery on Church Street, Cromer, from this Saturday.
More than 30 pieces will be featured and promise to be vibrant, energetic and eclectic.
The exhibition will include limited edition prints, drawings, watercolours and wood engravings. Prices will start at under £100.
All of the artists involved have a connection to Norfolk and two of them live in the county – Paul Bommer and Toby Morison.
Polly Miller, owner of The Gallery, said: 'This exhibition brings together the work of seven people who each express the spirit of Norfolk in a very distinctive – and sometimes idiosyncratic – way.'
Ring 01263 515745.