Pianist Will Ferguson to play classics with orchestra at north Norfolk church
One of Mozart's most celebrated piano concertos will be among the playlist at a classical concert planned for St Michael and All Angels in Aylsham.
The town's parish church will host the concert featuring Norwich-based pianist Will Ferguson on Sunday, April 14.
Mr Ferguson, performing with the chamber orchestra Ensemble East will play Mozart's No. 20 in D minor, as well as pieces including Schubert's Symphony No. 6 in C Major and a short piece by 18th Century French musician Jean-Phillippe Rameau.
Schubert's piece is known as a mixture of styles, written at a tipping point in musical history, moving from the classical world of Haydn and Mozart to the romantic world of Beethoven.
Tickets are £13.50 and £5 for under-18s and available from JB Postle and Son in Aylsham's Market Place and online at www.ticketsource.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 3.30pm.
- 1 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 2 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 7 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 8 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 Praise for retiring controller who kept an eye on Norfolk's coast