Panto time at Aylsham Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Fun by the ice bucketful is coming to Aylsham next month as a family pantomime with a difference will be performed at the town hall.
The Ice Queen and The Wizard will be put on by The Aylsham Players from Thursday February 21 to Saturday February 23.
Performances will be held at 7.30pm each night and the Saturday matinee will take place at 2pm. Tickets cost £6 and £5 for children and senior citizens for the matinee show only.
A licenced bar will be open for the night shows and a raffle will also be put on.
The pantomime has been co-directed by Dawn Bradshaw and Sue Smith and features a cast of 15 children, teenagers and adults.
You may also want to watch:
It starts with the Ice Queen Princess Katya, played by 17 year old Abi Wills, who is due to marry her handsome Prince Belugarov.
But her big day gets ruined by her jealous sister Princess Gotya who persuades the evil wizard Smirnoff to kidnap the Ice Queen before she can say 'I do'.
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
The pantomime follows the story of Prince Belugarov's mission to rescue the Ice Queen and is filled with Russian influences. Students from the Barbara Sutton School of Dance in Aylsham will also perform in the show.
Tickets are available from James the Barber and Barnwells of Aylsham, or by ringing 01263 731430 or visiting
www.aylshamplayers.co.uk. Anyone interested in joining should ring Wendy Longmate on 01263 735532.