Panto time at Aylsham Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
Fun by the ice bucketful is coming to Aylsham next month as a family pantomime with a difference will be performed at the town hall.
The Ice Queen and The Wizard will be put on by The Aylsham Players from Thursday February 21 to Saturday February 23.
Performances will be held at 7.30pm each night and the Saturday matinee will take place at 2pm. Tickets cost £6 and £5 for children and senior citizens for the matinee show only.
A licenced bar will be open for the night shows and a raffle will also be put on.
The pantomime has been co-directed by Dawn Bradshaw and Sue Smith and features a cast of 15 children, teenagers and adults.
It starts with the Ice Queen Princess Katya, played by 17 year old Abi Wills, who is due to marry her handsome Prince Belugarov.
But her big day gets ruined by her jealous sister Princess Gotya who persuades the evil wizard Smirnoff to kidnap the Ice Queen before she can say 'I do'.
- 1 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 2 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 3 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 4 Broads homes plan branded 'absolute insanity' gets approval
- 5 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 6 'Wild Church' events to start on north Norfolk coast
- 7 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 8 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 9 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 10 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture
The pantomime follows the story of Prince Belugarov's mission to rescue the Ice Queen and is filled with Russian influences. Students from the Barbara Sutton School of Dance in Aylsham will also perform in the show.
Tickets are available from James the Barber and Barnwells of Aylsham, or by ringing 01263 731430 or visiting
www.aylshamplayers.co.uk. Anyone interested in joining should ring Wendy Longmate on 01263 735532.