Orchestras Live concert season kicks off this weekend
A season of orchestral concerts in the district celebrating the centenary of the birth of Benjamin Britten will kick off this weekend.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has teamed up with the national charity Orchestras Live for the fourth year to bring world-class standard performances to venues across north Norfolk.
The first concert will be held this Sunday at 7.30pm in St Catherine's Church, Ludham.
It will be performed by the Academy of St Martin in the Fields and will feature works by Britten and Elgar.
Tickets cost £12, if bought in advance, or £15 on the door. Under 16s can watch for £5.
They can be bought from Ludham Butchers or by calling NNDC on 01263 516294.
A pre-concert talk by composer Sally Beamish, who wrote a piece for the concert, will take place between 6.30pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Man found dead at parents' home suffered 'sharp decline' in mental health
Visit www. northnorfolk.org/arts.