Orchestras Live concert season kicks off this weekend
A season of orchestral concerts in the district celebrating the centenary of the birth of Benjamin Britten will kick off this weekend.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has teamed up with the national charity Orchestras Live for the fourth year to bring world-class standard performances to venues across north Norfolk.
The first concert will be held this Sunday at 7.30pm in St Catherine's Church, Ludham.
It will be performed by the Academy of St Martin in the Fields and will feature works by Britten and Elgar.
Tickets cost £12, if bought in advance, or £15 on the door. Under 16s can watch for £5.
You may also want to watch:
They can be bought from Ludham Butchers or by calling NNDC on 01263 516294.
A pre-concert talk by composer Sally Beamish, who wrote a piece for the concert, will take place between 6.30pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
Visit www. northnorfolk.org/arts.