Orchestras Live concert season kicks off this weekend
A season of orchestral concerts in the district celebrating the centenary of the birth of Benjamin Britten will kick off this weekend.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) has teamed up with the national charity Orchestras Live for the fourth year to bring world-class standard performances to venues across north Norfolk.
The first concert will be held this Sunday at 7.30pm in St Catherine's Church, Ludham.
It will be performed by the Academy of St Martin in the Fields and will feature works by Britten and Elgar.
Tickets cost £12, if bought in advance, or £15 on the door. Under 16s can watch for £5.
You may also want to watch:
They can be bought from Ludham Butchers or by calling NNDC on 01263 516294.
A pre-concert talk by composer Sally Beamish, who wrote a piece for the concert, will take place between 6.30pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay
Visit www. northnorfolk.org/arts.