One day only for Cley Little Festival of Poetry
All forms of poetry will be celebrated at the Cley Little Festival of Poetry later this month.
The one-day event will take place on Saturday May 25 at Salthouse Church and British Columbia Hall, next to the church.
Most of the attractions during the day will be free apart from the Closely Shared poetry masterclass at 2pm and the reading by the invited poets between 7-9pm.
Tickets for the Closely Shared masterclass and the reading cost £5 and £7 respectively. Tickets for both events cost £10.
The guest poet this year is Michael Laskey, who has invited two lesser known poets - Dean Parkin and Rob Etty.
Mr Laskey, who will hold the Closely Shared masterclass, has published four collections.
Two of these were Poetry Book Society recommendations and The Tightrope Wedding was shortlisted for the T S Eliot Prize.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks 2022
- 6 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 7 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
Other events on the day will include a family workshop at 11am; a poetry lunch at 1pm; an open mic session at 5pm; and a poetry and Pimm's session at 6.30pm.
For more information contact Helen Birtwell by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose Moreton by emailing email@example.com.