One day only for Cley Little Festival of Poetry
All forms of poetry will be celebrated at the Cley Little Festival of Poetry later this month.
The one-day event will take place on Saturday May 25 at Salthouse Church and British Columbia Hall, next to the church.
Most of the attractions during the day will be free apart from the Closely Shared poetry masterclass at 2pm and the reading by the invited poets between 7-9pm.
Tickets for the Closely Shared masterclass and the reading cost £5 and £7 respectively. Tickets for both events cost £10.
The guest poet this year is Michael Laskey, who has invited two lesser known poets - Dean Parkin and Rob Etty.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Laskey, who will hold the Closely Shared masterclass, has published four collections.
Two of these were Poetry Book Society recommendations and The Tightrope Wedding was shortlisted for the T S Eliot Prize.
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 5 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 6 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 7 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 8 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
Other events on the day will include a family workshop at 11am; a poetry lunch at 1pm; an open mic session at 5pm; and a poetry and Pimm's session at 6.30pm.
For more information contact Helen Birtwell by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose Moreton by emailing email@example.com.