One day only for Cley Little Festival of Poetry
All forms of poetry will be celebrated at the Cley Little Festival of Poetry later this month.
The one-day event will take place on Saturday May 25 at Salthouse Church and British Columbia Hall, next to the church.
Most of the attractions during the day will be free apart from the Closely Shared poetry masterclass at 2pm and the reading by the invited poets between 7-9pm.
Tickets for the Closely Shared masterclass and the reading cost £5 and £7 respectively. Tickets for both events cost £10.
The guest poet this year is Michael Laskey, who has invited two lesser known poets - Dean Parkin and Rob Etty.
Mr Laskey, who will hold the Closely Shared masterclass, has published four collections.
Two of these were Poetry Book Society recommendations and The Tightrope Wedding was shortlisted for the T S Eliot Prize.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled
Other events on the day will include a family workshop at 11am; a poetry lunch at 1pm; an open mic session at 5pm; and a poetry and Pimm's session at 6.30pm.
For more information contact Helen Birtwell by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose Moreton by emailing email@example.com.