Olly Day and the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band concert on Cromer Pier
- Credit: Archant
Big band classics by Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller and Dean Martin will be performed by popular performer Olly Day on Cromer Pier this week.
The swing concert, which will also feature the Jonathan Wyatt Big Band, will be held at the Pavilion Theatre on Friday, April 19 at 7.30pm.
Songs including The Lady is a Tramp, Come Fly With Me and Mack the Knife will be performed on the night.
The evening will also feature Olly Day's comical Norfolk stories.
Mr Day said: 'The Pavilion theatre is like a second home to me. I spend two months there every winter.
You may also want to watch:
'It has such a magical atmosphere and when you get a laugh it rolls towards you from the audience like a big wave. It's a really magical place.
'I love working in Cromer, the people in north Norfolk are great and very loyal to the theatre. I am thrilled to be working there again.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
'Singing there with the full Big Band is such fun.'
Mr Day and Mr Wyatt have performed sell out shows at the Mundesley Festival over the past 15 years.
Mr Wyatt said: 'I love working with Olly, especially at Cromer, as it's guaranteed to be a great fun night.
'It's different to our usual shows because Olly always brings along a touch of comedy mixed with his fantastic singing and the band are forever smiling.'
This year, Mr Wyatt's big band will be celebrating 25 years together.
Mr Day will be marking his 50th birthday this month as well as 35 years in show business.
He is a regular at Cromer Pier Christmas Specals.
Tickets cost £17 for adults or £16 for concessions.
To buy tickets or for more information about the show ring the Pavilion Theatre box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com.