Northrepps car rally puts primary school in the driving seat
Classic car owners got behind the wheel to enjoy a leisurely drive along north Norfolk's country lanes.
The cavalcade of MGs followed a scenic route on the way to the car rally at Northrepps Family Fun day.
Around 30 vehicles took part in the run on Sunday, which raised a grand total of £1,300 for Northrepps Primary School.
Setting out from Stanhoe, near Burnham Market, drivers stopped on route at Robert J Benfield Engineering in Wood Dalling for refreshments.
Cars taking part included a 1950s MG Magnette, MGB and MG Midget sports cars.
Visitors to the fun day enjoyed taking a close look at the cars, with some too young to drive given the chance to sit behind the wheel.
The car rally, organised by Paul and Janet Bloomfield, was being held for the third time. Previous events have raised money for East Raynham Church.
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 4 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 5 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 6 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 7 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 8 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 9 'Rainbow of rhodies' puts on stunning display at Sheringham Park
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
Mr Bloomfield said: 'It was a brilliant day and we raised a lot of money for the school which was great. Only one driver took a wrong turning, but we could have done with a bit more sunshine.'
He added: 'MGs are just brilliant. I am 57, still stuck in the 1970s, and don't like modern day cars.'
The proud owner of a MG3 and 1974 MGB V8, Mr Bloomfield is currently restoring an MG Magnette.
He was presented with an award by the MG Car Club last year for organising the rallies.