Northern soul and Mod music to feature at vinyl-only gigs in Holt
- Credit: Cromer Soul Club
Northern soul, Motown, Ska and Mod music will get them dancing at two Cromer Soul Club gigs being organised to take place at the Holt Vinyl Vault.
DJs Trevor Half-Nelson and Hitman Hawkins will be pumping out the tunes at the free events to take place on Saturday, May 5 and Saturday, July 7. There will not be a streaming music service, CD or even a cassette in sight - these gigs are strictly vinyl only.
The May gig, titled 'This was the Mod-ern World, will see Trevor manning the decks, while the Hitman will be spinning the black discs at the 'Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing' gig in July.
The July gig will also celebrate the release of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell's classic 45.
The gigs run from 8pm to 11.30pm. There will be a cheap bar at the store, which is at the Holt Delivery Office in Cromer Road.
You may also want to watch:
For more, find the Cromer Soul Club's page on Facebook.
- 1 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 6 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 7 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 8 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 9 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 10 Praise for retiring controller who kept an eye on Norfolk's coast