Snow White panto will get the family laughing in North Walsham this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A magic mirror, a poisoned apple, plenty of laughs and audience participation are all ingredients in a Christmas family pantomime being planned for North Walsham.
The town's Pop Up People's Theatre plans to put on performances of Snow White at the Black Swan in Black Swan Loke in the town centre.
The panto is being written and produced by Joseph Ballard, who founded the theatre and runs New Stages.
Mr Ballard, who also plays one of the lead roles in the panto, said the show would be something everyone could enjoy.
He said: 'Pantomime is part of Christmas – when audiences can get together with their family, friends and loved ones and enjoy a show where there is something for everyone; magic, adventure and comedy.
You may also want to watch:
'It's important to embrace the traditions of panto whilst marrying them up to modern audiences to ensure everyone of evert age has a great time to get them in the Christmas spirit.
'This year I'm playing one of the ultimate baddies of all time – the Wicked Queen.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 10 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
'Still, there will be lots of comedy will be involved as she's not as good at magic as she thinks she is.'
Snow White will follow the fairy-tale we all know, but with a few twists thrown in - will the Wicked Queen banish Snow White once and for all, or will the handsome Prince thwart her plans with some help from the dwarfs?
Who is the fairest in the land and will good triumph over evil?
Mr Ballard will be joined on stage by members of the People's Theatre Company, along with the young dancers of Dance For Fun and members of North Norfolk Youth Theatre.
The show follows the success of the theatre's production of Jack and the Beanstalk last year.
Performances will take place December 20-24, with 2pm matinees on three of the days as well as evening shows.
The first performance is for pre-booked groups only, see more details on the website below.
Tickets are £8 in advance, available in person from the Showcase Gallery, by calling the box office on 01692 434112 or online at www.new-stages.co.uk.