‘Magic, adventure and comedy’ - north Norfolk pop up theatre to stage Snow White pantomime
- Credit: Archant
A pantomime family favourite is gearing up for opening night at a north Norfolk community theatre.
The North Walsham Pop Up People's Theatre, which last year staged Jack and the Beanstalk, is set to bring the festive classic of Snow White to life on stage at the venue, which was set up in October last year.
Written and produced by the venue's founder, Joseph Ballard, from New Stages, the show will run from Thursday, December 20, to Monday, December 24.
He said: 'Pantomime is part of Christmas.
'Audiences can get together with their family, friends and loved ones and enjoy a show where there is something for everyone - magic, adventure and comedy.
'It's important to embrace the traditions of panto whilst marrying them up to modern audiences to ensure everyone of every age has a great time to get them in the Christmas spirit.
'This year I'm playing one of the ultimate baddies of all time - the Wicked Queen. Still, there will be lots of comedy will be involved as she's not as good at magic as she thinks she is.'
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 3 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 6 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 7 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 8 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 9 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 10 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
Mr Ballard will be joined on stage by the People's Theatre Company, Dance For Fun, and the North Norfolk Youth Theatre.
North Walsham Pop Up People's Theatre is a community venture which presents live shows in the town centre, made for and by people from the local community.
Tickets are £8 in advance and are available from the Showcase Gallery in the Market Place, calling the box office on 01692 434112 or online at www.new-stages.co.uk.
Thursday, December 20 - group bookings only
Friday, December 21 - 7pm
Saturday, December 22 - 2pm and 6pm
Sunday, December 23 - 2pm and 6pm
Monday, December 24 - 2pm