North Walsham - Are you ready for this year’s fun-day?
A festival promising colour, music and great community spirit is returning to a north Norfolk town next month.
Final preparations are being made for the annual fun-day and carnival parade in North Walsham.
It started in 2010 and organisers are looking for people and businesses to take part in the parade, in small or large floats or just as walkers.
The fun-day runs from Thursday, June 21 to Sunday, June 24 and kicks-off with the fun-fair at 6pm on Thursday.
This will be followed by the family fun-night sponsored by North Walsham Community Shop on the Friday evening featuring costume characters from Arnie's Attic fancy dress shop in Dereham. Under 16s are free.
Saturday will see the return of a vehicle carnival parade to the town. This will start from the town's industrial estate at 5pm before heading down the Cromer Road, through the town and onto the memorial park.
During the procession there will be road closures and a rolling roadblock in place.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
The parade will be followed by beer and bands on the memorial park.
Tickets will be available on the night at £5 each.
Sunday will see the fun-day itself with stalls, vintage vehicles, dog displays, donkey rides, a funfair, arena displays and live music from midday until 5pm. Once again, this will be a free entry event although donations will be gratefully received.
Stall bookings are still being taken (no food) by emailing Andrea for an application form at email@example.com
For more information regarding the parade or for an application form contact colin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meanwhile, the town's zumba community and fun-day have joined forces for three hours of laughter and fun at the Zumbathon® on Sunday, June 10 at the sports centre from 2pm to 5pm.
The event will raise money for the carnival parade and champions are needed to represent their workplace/group in North Walsham's biggest dance off. Tickets are available at £5, contact email@example.com
The fun-day is sponsored by Paston College, Specsavers, Café Kitale, North Walsham Community Shop, North Walsham Town Council, Victory Housing Community Fund, McCarthy & Stone, Drurys Transport and Trevor Charles Van Hire.