North Walsham - Are you ready for this year’s fun-day?
A festival promising colour, music and great community spirit is returning to a north Norfolk town next month.
Final preparations are being made for the annual fun-day and carnival parade in North Walsham.
It started in 2010 and organisers are looking for people and businesses to take part in the parade, in small or large floats or just as walkers.
The fun-day runs from Thursday, June 21 to Sunday, June 24 and kicks-off with the fun-fair at 6pm on Thursday.
This will be followed by the family fun-night sponsored by North Walsham Community Shop on the Friday evening featuring costume characters from Arnie's Attic fancy dress shop in Dereham. Under 16s are free.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday will see the return of a vehicle carnival parade to the town. This will start from the town's industrial estate at 5pm before heading down the Cromer Road, through the town and onto the memorial park.
During the procession there will be road closures and a rolling roadblock in place.
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
The parade will be followed by beer and bands on the memorial park.
Tickets will be available on the night at £5 each.
Sunday will see the fun-day itself with stalls, vintage vehicles, dog displays, donkey rides, a funfair, arena displays and live music from midday until 5pm. Once again, this will be a free entry event although donations will be gratefully received.
Stall bookings are still being taken (no food) by emailing Andrea for an application form at email@example.com
For more information regarding the parade or for an application form contact colin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meanwhile, the town's zumba community and fun-day have joined forces for three hours of laughter and fun at the Zumbathon® on Sunday, June 10 at the sports centre from 2pm to 5pm.
The event will raise money for the carnival parade and champions are needed to represent their workplace/group in North Walsham's biggest dance off. Tickets are available at £5, contact email@example.com
The fun-day is sponsored by Paston College, Specsavers, Café Kitale, North Walsham Community Shop, North Walsham Town Council, Victory Housing Community Fund, McCarthy & Stone, Drurys Transport and Trevor Charles Van Hire.