North Walsham - Are you ready for this year’s fun-day?
A festival promising colour, music and great community spirit is returning to a north Norfolk town next month.
Final preparations are being made for the annual fun-day and carnival parade in North Walsham.
It started in 2010 and organisers are looking for people and businesses to take part in the parade, in small or large floats or just as walkers.
The fun-day runs from Thursday, June 21 to Sunday, June 24 and kicks-off with the fun-fair at 6pm on Thursday.
This will be followed by the family fun-night sponsored by North Walsham Community Shop on the Friday evening featuring costume characters from Arnie's Attic fancy dress shop in Dereham. Under 16s are free.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday will see the return of a vehicle carnival parade to the town. This will start from the town's industrial estate at 5pm before heading down the Cromer Road, through the town and onto the memorial park.
During the procession there will be road closures and a rolling roadblock in place.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 8 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 9 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
The parade will be followed by beer and bands on the memorial park.
Tickets will be available on the night at £5 each.
Sunday will see the fun-day itself with stalls, vintage vehicles, dog displays, donkey rides, a funfair, arena displays and live music from midday until 5pm. Once again, this will be a free entry event although donations will be gratefully received.
Stall bookings are still being taken (no food) by emailing Andrea for an application form at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding the parade or for an application form contact colin at email@example.com
Meanwhile, the town's zumba community and fun-day have joined forces for three hours of laughter and fun at the Zumbathon® on Sunday, June 10 at the sports centre from 2pm to 5pm.
The event will raise money for the carnival parade and champions are needed to represent their workplace/group in North Walsham's biggest dance off. Tickets are available at £5, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The fun-day is sponsored by Paston College, Specsavers, Café Kitale, North Walsham Community Shop, North Walsham Town Council, Victory Housing Community Fund, McCarthy & Stone, Drurys Transport and Trevor Charles Van Hire.