North Walsham chippie celebrates national fish and chip day with freebies for customers
- Credit: Archant
With National Fish and Chip day just around the corner, the delicacies of north Norfolk are being celebrated by the district's chippies.
The Three Cottages Fish and Chips restaurant in North Walsham will be celebrating their love of fish and chips as they come together on June 1.
The first 200 people to order fish and chips at the North Walsham shop will receive a surprise free gift.
Sam Homfray, Paula Audley and David Audley at The Three Cottages has been serving fresh fish and chips to the local community and visitors for over twenty years and they're inviting customers to come together to celebrate Britain's best-loved fast food by tucking in to a portion of sizzling fish and chips.
Mr Homfray said: 'We all agree nothing can beat a portion of delicious freshly fried fish in hot, crispy batter, served with a helping of lip-smacking chips – the only debate is whether you top it with salt, vinegar, curry sauce, mushy peas or a pickled onion!
You may also want to watch:
'So celebrate British fish and chips June by coming down to The Three Cottages in North Walsham on Friday 1st and enjoying a good old-fashioned Friday night fish supper.'
To mark the day, they will also be raising money for the National Mission for Deep Sea Fishermen running a lucky dip all day for those making a donation to their funds.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 9 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
Visit www.nationalfishandchipday.org.uk to find out more.