North Walsham charity sale
A bed and breakfast owner who is set to take on a gruelling cycle challenge later this year is holding a fundraising event.
Mum-of-four Lorraine Plummer, 50, will cycle across Vietnam and Cambodia, a distance of 400km in five days, to raise money for the Genesis Research Trust, which works to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of illnesses including premature birth, miscarriage, cancer and genetic diseases.
Lorraine, who has run the Huntersmoon Bed and Breakfast in Field Lane, North Walsham, for the past three years, aims to raise more than �3,000 for the trust when she takes part in the ride in November.
She is holding a garage sale at the bed and breakfast on Saturday, March 26 from 9.30am – midday to raise money for the Genesis Research Trust.
On offer will be items including bric-a-brac, plants, books and also refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to the cycle challenge or sponsor Lorraine, visit www.justgiving.com/Norfolk-Nanny
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident