North Walsham charity sale
A bed and breakfast owner who is set to take on a gruelling cycle challenge later this year is holding a fundraising event.
Mum-of-four Lorraine Plummer, 50, will cycle across Vietnam and Cambodia, a distance of 400km in five days, to raise money for the Genesis Research Trust, which works to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of illnesses including premature birth, miscarriage, cancer and genetic diseases.
Lorraine, who has run the Huntersmoon Bed and Breakfast in Field Lane, North Walsham, for the past three years, aims to raise more than �3,000 for the trust when she takes part in the ride in November.
She is holding a garage sale at the bed and breakfast on Saturday, March 26 from 9.30am – midday to raise money for the Genesis Research Trust.
On offer will be items including bric-a-brac, plants, books and also refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to the cycle challenge or sponsor Lorraine, visit www.justgiving.com/Norfolk-Nanny
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 5 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen