How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
Towns and villages across north Norfolk are preparing to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
Four days of festivities including proclamations from town criers, illuminated beacons, live music and fireworks will take over streets, parks and village greens from June 2 to 5.
Here is a list of some of the events happening across north Norfolk:
2pm Town crier proclamation and a street dance next to the church.
3.30pm A street party on Church Street.
- 1 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 2 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 3 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 4 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 5 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 6 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 7 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 8 Feuding local leaders meet - but both leave unsatisfied
- 9 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 10 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
5pm A Spitfire flypast on the seafront.
8.30pm A torchlit procession from the churchyard to Runton Road carpark.
9.35pm The jubilee beacon event at Runton Road carpark.
7.30pm Poppyland Radio are holding a party at North Lodge Park.
2pm A proclamation at the town clock.
7.30pm A procession from Ottendorf Green to the Leas where there will be a picnic and the beacon ceremony.
12-3pm Street party on High Street.
North Walsham (Memorial Park)
2pm The town crier and Poppies childrens choir.
9pm Lighting of the ceremonial beacon.
12-5pm Bands, picnic, food stalls, entertainment, beer tent and games.
6-10pm Party at the Recreation Ground including live music, lighting of the beacon and fireworks.
12-5pm Jubilee party at the Museum of the Broads 12-5pm
7-10pm Ceilidh dance at the Poppy centre
12-5pm Picnic at Stalham recreation ground
11am to 5pm A free event of music and dance along the High Street.
2-6pm Stalls, games and entertainment at Gold Park play area.
1pm Picnic in the park with live music, children's craft tent, royal quiz and tug of war, village treasure hunt and fun run.
2-3pm St Margarets Church, music and spoken word performances dedicated to Elizabeth II and Elizabeth I.
Holt (Market Place)
2pm Town crier proclamation
9.45pm Beacon lighting followed by fireworks
12-3pm Community Big Lunch
Parish jubilee concert at Beeston Hall School
2-4pm North Norfolk Classic Vehicle Club, car show on church field at All Saints
9.40pm A bugle call announcing the lighting of the beacon at 9.45pm