Outdoor musical about Norfolk highwayman to be performed in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
What do you know about the Norfolk highwayman Thomas Easter?
A new musical play about the Aylsham-born rogue is hoping to find out when it arrives in Cromer's North Lodge Park later this summer.
An Honest Gentleman, produced by Stuff of Dreams Theatre Company, will arrive in the town for an open air performance on Saturday, August 25, at 7pm.
Easter, who was born in 1715 and hung in 1739, aged just 24, was said to have lived a life packed with adventure and intrigue, before being betrayed by an accomplice.
And the 18th century set adventure delves into the life of the infamous highwayman.
You may also want to watch:
Barry Meadows, of Friends of North Lodge Park, said: 'The audience really loved Stuff of Dreams production of A Midsummer Night's Dream so we're really looking forward to welcoming them back in August for this play.'
Tickets are £5 in advance or £8 on the day, and available to buy online or from Merchants' Place in Cromer
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car