New season for historic Blickling Hall
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
History enthusiasts will be able to explore the historic Blickling Hall Estate after the Jacobean mansion opened its doors following a spring clean.
The Back Stage Passes event will be held each weekend between March 2 to March 31 for anyone interested in finding out what goes on behind closed doors in the main house.
Small group tours will be put on, which will include a steep climb to the attics to see where RAF personnel slept during the second world war.
Booking is essential and it costs £6 per person.
Impressive displays of hellebores will be in bloom across the 55-acre garden between Saturday, March 2 and Friday, March 8.
You may also want to watch:
Gardeners will on hand to offer advice and the usual garden admission costs will apply but National Trust members can visit for free. Visitors do not need to book.
Interesting items from the house, which were removed during the winter including the newly-restored painted wedding chest, will be back on show between Monday, March 18 and Saturday, March 23. Usual house admission costs apply and no booking is required.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 5 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 9 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
For more information ring 01263 738030 or visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/bllickling-estate