New season for Aylsham Heritage Centre
A photographic competition, wartime exhibition and museum trips are some of the attractions at the Aylsham Heritage Centre this year.
The community base, on the grounds of St Michael's Church, allows people to discover more about the heritage of the Aylsham area.
It is open to the public every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 10.30am and 3.30pm; Monday mornings; and the first and third Saturday of every month between 10.30am and 1pm.
The free attraction has launched a new Friends of Aylsham Heritage Centre scheme which costs £10 a year.
A photographic competition inviting locals and visitors alike to submit their photographs of Aylsham is running this month and next month.
The centre organisers hope to create an Aylsham in Fifty Photos collage.
A visit to the Museum of the Broads in Stalham will be held on Wednesday April, 17. It will leave Aylsham at 10.30am.
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Soaring cost-of-living among objections to car park charge rises
- 8 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 9 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 10 Seaside ramp reopens following restoration work after erosion
To book a place on this trip, which will cost £4 entry and £2.50 for the boat trip, please ring 07919962814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talks on different subjects will also be held every Wednesday in May.
For more information visit www.aylshamheritage.com.