New season for Aylsham Heritage Centre
A photographic competition, wartime exhibition and museum trips are some of the attractions at the Aylsham Heritage Centre this year.
The community base, on the grounds of St Michael's Church, allows people to discover more about the heritage of the Aylsham area.
It is open to the public every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 10.30am and 3.30pm; Monday mornings; and the first and third Saturday of every month between 10.30am and 1pm.
The free attraction has launched a new Friends of Aylsham Heritage Centre scheme which costs £10 a year.
A photographic competition inviting locals and visitors alike to submit their photographs of Aylsham is running this month and next month.
You may also want to watch:
The centre organisers hope to create an Aylsham in Fifty Photos collage.
A visit to the Museum of the Broads in Stalham will be held on Wednesday April, 17. It will leave Aylsham at 10.30am.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
To book a place on this trip, which will cost £4 entry and £2.50 for the boat trip, please ring 07919962814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talks on different subjects will also be held every Wednesday in May.
For more information visit www.aylshamheritage.com.